Discover, Inspire, Coach, Empower, Transition
Here are some fascinating findings from the respondents to the Work Survey we sent out to over 2,000 Millennials:
· 60% have a job/career not related to their college major.
· 35% will work for their current employer for less than 3 years.
50+% will leave their current employer if:
There is no career advancement or development opportunity. .
1. They are undervalued, disrespected and underappreciated.
2. They are not challenged by their work.
3. Management is ineffective.
4. There is a lack of ethical behavior.
50+% identify their 5 biggest challenges at work as:
1. Too much to do and not enough time to do it.
2. Lack of recognition.
3. Lack of respect from older co-workers.
4. Lack of challenges and growth opportunities.
5. Managing people.
50+% are motivated to perform better based on:
1. Positive feedback/adequate recognition/being appreciated for the work they do.
2. Doing work that matters.
3. Having challenging work to do.
4. Having learning/development opportunities.
5. Having a positive impact on the work environment.
50+% want these 5 things from their employer:
2. Adequate compensation.
3. Job security.
4. An opportunity to meaningfully contribute.
5. Training and professional development.
The following 5 skill sets are the most important ones to develop:
1. Communicating (42%).
2. Conflict Resolution (49%).
3. Decision Making (45%).
4. Time Management (45%).
5. Presentation Skills (41%).
If you are a Millennial or you know Millennials who would like to participate in our Work Survey, please use this link:
Please contact us if you would like additional information about the Work Survey.